Thursday 21 August 2014

SHIVA

Idioms and idolatry 
Prophecies, apostrophes 
All mean absolutely nothing to me
 
Honestly
 
The Devil isn’t in the flesh, he’s in the filigree
 
Revel in the reverie
Of in between breaths
Remarkably
 
We should touch in degrees
 
Don’t you agree?
 
I have no idea where I should go
Yet, this mouthful of palpable
 
Parables, mountains of gold
 
Out beyond where infinite rivers flow
Bask in the ambiance, take in the afterglow
The pillar I was thrust upon, I wouldn’t know
 
Mask me in the undertow
 
And watch as these shivers slither through fingers
 
Slivers of winter
 
And a pound of snow
 
A constantly ever changing internal dialogue could prove
 
Whether or not I’m more alive than the other corpse in the room
Yet still somehow the pile of ashes continues to grow
 
I’m too busy finding my third eye to notice the fumes
 
Building up to take me home


No comments:

Post a Comment